Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Train Home

First I his sandy hair

Then she his pinked cheek

Our eyes met for a blink

Hers toward morning

Mine the afternoon

It was some kin to sadness

We recognized

Face to face with love

So great it could crush the heart


Anonymous lillian said...

leaves me wanting to hear more:-)

10:22 AM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

Wow! This is beautiful.

Reminds me of a story by Julio Cortazar, of a man who falls in love with the reflection of a woman on the subway in Paris. Wow. Thank you.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Natasha said...

I'm reading this over and over . . . a bit of beauty in my afternoon. Thanks -- and thanks for the well wishes on my blog. :)

9:58 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Wow. Makes me want to know the story...


5:34 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Is it HH's birthday?
Wonderful poetry, Richard.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Berlinbound said...

lillian ... glad you liked it.

reya ... you're most welcome!

natasha ... and best to you! thanks for stopping in.

carol ... stay tuned carol - the story evolves...

cathy .. no, not a birthday - just a day out. and thanks, I'm glad you like it! thank you.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Oh - just read that piece a couple of times and now I have an ache in my chest.... a sort of sadness mixed with longing... Great blog - I know Koln well - miss it often.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Berlinbound said...

Lynda ...

Thank you for stopping in ... I've enjoyed your blog.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home