Sunday, June 18, 2006

June 18, 2006

It is a too hot day and I cannot rest. Something about the heat has set my mind spinning, back to other summers and the people who inhabited them and who echo inside me yet on this June afternoon. How can a heart ache so, for time long, long gone?
My small son sleeps on the front porch, the ceiling fan pulling warm breeze over him. I can just see him there through the window that separates these two rooms. His young mind clear and uncluttered, his young heart yet unbroken.

5 Comments:

Blogger J said...

I hope the flight went well. How did HH find it?

11:20 PM  
Blogger Berlinbound said...

He was great - found a friend and they ran around the cabin. We then had a two hour drive to the cabin and through it all he was really a trouper - a born traveler I think. This was our first time on the new Continental route from Cologne to Newark - it was not bad -a rather small aircraft but the seating was roomier than most. Service and food not up to Lufthansa standards but that was expected.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Sadi said...

Children, sometimes I just want to hide mine from the world forever, I love their innocence. Neat blog.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I hear you; oh, how I hear you...warm breeze, please blow the whispers away from our ears. But do we really want them to disappear?

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah... I'm trying to figure out how to channel that aching energy for the powers of good. It's not easy - sometimes I'd rather just bask (or wallow?) in the memories - feeling like I can bring them back to life in the present.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home