Saturday, April 29, 2006

April 29, 2006

Boston

I have been a bad blogger. The 12 hour days I’ve been working have certainly taken a toll on my time and energy … that and the fact that being away from His Holiness has me in something of an extended funk. However, yesterday I had quite a treat. Since I’ve been gone, now almost six weeks, HH has been blue – he’s wondering where Papa went and when I’ll be coming home. He hasn’t been particularly eager to speak with me on the phone either, and frequently starts weeping when he hears my voice on the other end of the line. That changed yesterday when his mother handed him the phone and he proceeded to sing to me in German, two children’s songs. His small voice was a balm to my heart.

More anon …

4 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

HH knows that you will be returning soon. Then he will sing you those beautiful tunes with his hands on your cheeks.

Hang in there. xo

1:51 AM  
Blogger Signora B. said...

That must have been very precious.
What a reunion it will be.
Take care.

2:51 AM  
Blogger x said...

Children process information differently. Thank God! But he knows you'll be back. It's your physical absence that upsets him. I don't think he questions the fact that you are going to be reunited soon.
xxx

12:32 PM  
Blogger Berlinbound said...

Cathy, SB, Chloe ...

Thank you for stopping by and for the thoughtful comments ... I look forward to being on a more regular schedule soon (only three more weeks!) and to having more time to catch up on your worlds.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home