Sunday, August 12, 2007

Summer Passing

Morning feels cooler
as August wanes to the ripening
and the returning to seed
for those whose blossoms passed
before their first summer night

Days grow shorter
Soon it will be then and never now again
Our sun lopes to twilight
Less willfull than in bright summer
When it wanted to stay up all night

Living goes on
Within the swirls of childrens balls and fortresses
And flying and bouncing
And growing too
To winter



August 12, 2007
Copyright German Diary

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I never can decide which season change is my favorite - I guess they are all meant to be special in their own way. Summer to fall is delicious, especially in the Northeast US.

9:40 PM  
Blogger vailian said...

When I was growing up, we moved from western nebraska to California, I loved the weather (300 sunny days per year!) but my father was miserable, because there was no spring and no fall.
I am enjoying the late summer weather we are having here now!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Berlinbound said...

michelle ... I agree, fall here is enormous.

vailian ... Never been to Nebraska - and would like to visit that part of the country.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Yes; we are having this kind of transitioning to autumn kind of day. I love it and dread it at the same time.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home