Friday, January 06, 2006

January 6

I am desperately trying to stay connected, alive, to find something amazing in this new world … It was so easy in Manhattan, all I had to do was step out on the back porch and look up at the Empire State Building and I instantly felt plugged in – it was a lazy connection I admit but that was part of the bargain … living in that tiny charming space in the far west village and paying more than any reasonable person in the free world would have ever imagined … but there was that indescribable satisfaction that I frequently acknowledged … about how wonderful it felt to be just there in that place .. . I remember one summer night in particular, sitting back and singing to myself, “If I could close my eyes and imagine a perfect world, it would look just like this, and it would feel just like this, and life would go on like this, everywhere, all the time.”

4 Comments:

Blogger Expat Traveler said...

I'd admit that I had a 10 million dollar view while living in Switzerland. I miss that so much! so I know what you mean. If you poke around my blog long enough in the archives, I'm sure you'll see some of those views from Lac Leman/Montreux...

Here's one quick sample and this one. Paradise...

11:36 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Wow, I can only imagine being able to see the Empire State Building from my porch.

I grew up having a daily view of the Pacific Ocean, but what do I see when I look out the window now? The neighbour's house. :-)

C'est la vie, eh?

3:46 PM  
Blogger Dinda said...

thanks the info
Fill in really good article I really like the articles on this blog.

Handshake Greeting Brotherhood Of Us.

== solusi pasutri

== solusi ejakulasi dini

== solusi pasutri harmonis

2:32 AM  
Blogger SEO SUPER WOWO said...

We From SEO SUPER Wowo Introduces Its Sales Sells Herbal Products Men And Women ALL PRODUCTS FROM our clients in Down's.

permen cinta
alat bantu sex
obat bius

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home