Friday, January 06, 2006

January 6

I am desperately trying to stay connected, alive, to find something amazing in this new world … It was so easy in Manhattan, all I had to do was step out on the back porch and look up at the Empire State Building and I instantly felt plugged in – it was a lazy connection I admit but that was part of the bargain … living in that tiny charming space in the far west village and paying more than any reasonable person in the free world would have ever imagined … but there was that indescribable satisfaction that I frequently acknowledged … about how wonderful it felt to be just there in that place .. . I remember one summer night in particular, sitting back and singing to myself, “If I could close my eyes and imagine a perfect world, it would look just like this, and it would feel just like this, and life would go on like this, everywhere, all the time.”

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'd admit that I had a 10 million dollar view while living in Switzerland. I miss that so much! so I know what you mean. If you poke around my blog long enough in the archives, I'm sure you'll see some of those views from Lac Leman/Montreux...

Here's one quick sample and this one. Paradise...

11:36 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Wow, I can only imagine being able to see the Empire State Building from my porch.

I grew up having a daily view of the Pacific Ocean, but what do I see when I look out the window now? The neighbour's house. :-)

C'est la vie, eh?

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home